We are dedicated to our People
We care. We put people first and we promote individual freedom. It is why we strive to secure personal data with integrity and passion to make our customer’s everyday life more comfortable and secure.
We empower our people to grow and to learn from their experience, and in return we are rewarded with team spirit and great results.
Senior Software Engineer (NonStop) (f/m/d)
Purpose of the role
In your role as a Software Engineer you will join a small globally-dispersed team in maintaining, developing and supporting a range of comforte products used both internally and by our customers on their mission-critical NonStop servers. The products include our native NonStop SSL server proxy, socket-level application intercept libraries and rich Windows client software. The diverse range of products presents a range of opportunities to engage with.
The position is based in Australia, with the option to work from home or in a convenient office.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Providing product expertise to the rest of the company for products maintained by the team.
- Analysis of new feature requests and implementation into existing software.
- Analysis of software defects, design, implementation and testing of defect repairs.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support to customers for a variety of comforte products.
- Specification of tests for QA team to build.
Professional skills and knowledge
- Solid C++ development skills.
- Good C development skills.
- Development experience on NonStop platform or experience on at least two other distinct platforms with the desire to learn NonStop.
- Experience with the following technologies in a development situation would be advantageous:
- TCP/IP sockets programming.
- Experience and expertise in the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Windows development with C++/MFC
- Scripting with Python, Bash, PowerShell, TACL
- Fluency in languages other than English may be useful, comforte have a global customer base and are happy to use your skills in both your regular role and across teams where this helps.
- Humble, Ambitious, Smart, Humane (comforte's key values)
- Willing to continuously learn and improve skills to keep up with technology changes.
- Self-learner with an ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Happy to take on a leadership role as and when circumstances dictate.
- Comfortable discussing technical topics directly with customers.
- Open to dealing with new and old technologies.
Qualification (e.g. education, studies and work experience (years, level, focus) )
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or similar degree)
- Software Engineer role: 5+ years of experience in development roles using C++ on the NonStop or on other platforms.
- Senior Software Engineer role: 8+ years of experience in development roles using C++ on the NonStop or on other platforms, with 2+ years in a team leadership role and the ambition to develop leadership capabilities.
Why join us
- Individual freedom – tell us what’s important for YOU!
- Culture of trust, appreciation, innovation and opportunities
- The opportunity to make a difference in an agile and fun environment
- Work with clients in various industries around the world
- The opportunity to grow continuously as our technology field is so dynamic
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including profit sharing
Do you want to join us? Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply now! We are looking forward receiving your application!